Hello. It’s been a while since I have done a recommendation post and have talked about nonfiction books. I didn’t start reading nonfiction books for pleasure until a few years ago. Since then I have read a lot of nonfiction books, a lot of which were in audio format because its a great way to learn and still be able to do things.
Here are some of my recommendations for nonfiction books. I read a little bit of everything and tried to include a couple of different topics.
- Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
- How to Be Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- The 1619 Project by Various
- How the Word Is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America by Clint Smith
- Jews Don’t Count: How Identity Politics Failed One Particular Identity by David Baddiel
- The Facemaker: A Visionary Surgeon’s Battle to Mend the Disfigured Soldiers of World War I by Lindsey Fitzharris
- The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister’s Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine by Lindsey Fitzharris
- The Five: The Lives of Jack the Ripper’s Women by Hallie Rubenhold
- Dark Archives: A Librarian’s Investigation into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin by Megan Rosenbloom
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes & Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty
- Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death by Caitlin Doughty
- When Women Ruled the World: Six Queens of Egypt by Kara Cooney
- The Woman Who Would Be King: Hatshepsut’s Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt by Kara Cooney
- A Grown-Up Guide to Dinosaurs by Ben Garrod
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- Endurance: A Year in Space, A Lifetime of Discovery by Scott Kelly
- If At Birth You Don’t Succeed: My Adventures with Disaster and Destiny by Zach Anner
Have you read any of these? Do you have any recommendations for me?
Previous recommendation topics: