It has been a while! I took a bit of a break from doing wrap ups because I was getting a bit burned out rushing to do it at the end of every month. I decided after February’s wrap up that I was just going to do a six month one and a end of the year one.
So let see my reading stats for the past six months!
Reading Stats from January-June:
Books Read: 314
- New: 218
- Re-reads: 96
As you can see, I have been a bit better this year at reading new to me books instead of just rereading everything. I am trying very hard to get my TBR down but its slow going and I do get distracted.
- Hardcover: 2
- Paperback: 1
- Audiobooks: 39
- Graphic Novels/Manga: 56
- Webcomic: 3
- Bonus Shorts: 14
Lots of graphic novels and audiobooks so far for this year. I participated in Graphicsathon in February which really pushed me to read a lot.
- Purchased eBook: 132
- Purchased Book: 9
- ARCs: 40
- Library: 50
- Kindle Unlimited: 21
- Purchased Audio: 19
- Audible Borrow: 6
- Free Online: 30
- Webtoon: 1
- Shonen Jump: 6
As you can see a lot of my reading so far this year has been through purchased ebooks, the library and ARCs. I didn’t realize I had read 40 ARCs already this year.
So far I have mostly read books I have enjoyed. A few that were under 3 stars but better than previous years. I have gotten better at picking books that I will most likely enjoy.
As you can see, February was my highest page count and March was my lowest page count.
As you can see, I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks. June was my biggest audiobook month because I listened to the whole Percy Jackson series, which was fantastic.
As usual, paranormal romance is my most read genre. Urban fantasy is second, and contemporary third.
Look I know LGBTQ isn’t a trope but I mark it as a trope because I want to know if the LGBTQ romance is a paranormal, contemporary, etc. So its my most read trope right now, with chosen ones and fated mates tied in second, and alien abduction in third.
Most Read Author:
So my most read authors so far are Anna Hackett, Jeaniene Frost, Ilona Andrews, and Maz Maddox. Its been a year of rereading my favorite authors and I don’t regret it.
Goodreads Challenge Update:
- 314 books out of 500
- RHAR Recommends: Graphic Novels
- RHAR Recommends: Audiobooks Narrated By the Authors
- RHAR Recommends: LGBTQIA+ Romances
Favorite Books So Far:
- Fated Blades by Ilona Andrews
- Demon Rising by Victoria Larque
- One For All by Lillie Lainoff
- The Other Half of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
- The Duchess Hunt by Lorraine Heath
- The Beauty of Being A Beast by Jennifer Estep
- Tear Down the Throne by Jennifer Estep
- Lost in Amber by Maz Maddox
- The Tea Dragon Society by Kay O’Neill
- Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
- Chef’s Kiss by Jarrett Melendez
- How the Word is Passed by Clint Smith
- The Secret Lives of Bats by Merlin Tuttle
- The Facemaker by Lindsey Fitzharris