Hello everyone! I can’t believe we are already halfway through the year. June has gone by very fast for me and I almost forgot to create this post. Since I am doing this last minute, I won’t be tagging anyone but please feel free to participate if you want to.
Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2021
So I can never choose just one book, especially with how many books I read in a year, so here are a few of my absolute favorites so far!
- Wild Sign by Patricia Briggs
- Heartstopper series by Alice Oseman
- Check, Please! series by Ngozi Ukazu
- Hook by Gina L. Maxwell
- Breaking Badger by Shelly Laurenston
Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2021
Yes I know this was in the first question but it is the best sequel I have read this year. Hook’s story was so good I couldn’t get enough of him and John. These two will forever live in my heart.
New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To?
Last Strand by Jennifer Estep is the newest Elemental Assassin book. I haven’t read it yet because I plan on rereading the whole series first.
Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of the Year?
So for me it was my second and third Lisa Kleypas books. I absolutely loved the book Dreaming of You and I couldn’t wait to read more of her work. Sadly they haven’t been working for me so far.
I DNF’d Cold-Hearted Rake because I didn’t really love the characters or feel any chemistry between them. I then decided to read the first book of the Gamblers of Craven series, Then Came You, since I loved the second book, sadly it was just ok for me. I didn’t really love Lily and that really ruined my enjoyment of the book. Hopefully the next Kleypas book I read I will enjoy.
I picked up Stealing Shadows by Kay Hooper on a whim after seeing a fellow reviewer recommend it. I loved Cassie and Ben’s slow building romance. The mystery and suspense was great in this too!
Favorite New Author (Debut or New-To-You)?
Newest Fictional Crush?
- Hook and John from Hook by Gina L. Maxwell
- Brenden from Always Be My Banshee by Molly Harper
- Zane from Stealing From Mr. Rich by Anna Hackett
Newest Favorite Character?
- Mads from Breaking Badger by Shelly Laurenston
- Eric Bittle from Check, Please! series by Ngozi Ukazu
- Amelia Peabody from Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters
- Garlic from Garlic & The Vampire by Bree Paulsen
- Benjamin Reece from Rebel’s Karma by Rebecca Zanetti
Book that Made You Cry?
I think this book is the only one that has made me a little weepy so far this year. James Hook’s story was heartbreaking and I just wanted to give him a hug all the time.
Yes I know this book is showing up a lot. I can’t help it, it’s such a good book!
Book That Made You Happy?
Most Beautiful Book You’ve Bought or Received this Year?
Books You Need to Read By The End of the Year?
- Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas
- A Warm Heart in Winter by J.R. Ward
- Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuinston
- Maus: A Survivor’s Tale by Art Spiegelman
I hoped you enjoyed my mid-year recap! If you are curious about previous mid-year tags check here.