So I have read a lot of books this year and quite a few of them were added to my favorites list. But I will be narrowing that list down even further for this end of the year favorites list. These are my top books of this year, some of which are not new releases but were new to me.
I have organized my favorites by genre and have tried to narrow it down to 5 or less books per category. It is hard to pick just one book per category when you have read over 500 books in a year. Also I don’t like to limit my recommendations for favorite books because I love to shout them to the world. So here are my favorites!
- Man Down by Kate Meader
- Driven by Rebecca Zanetti
- High Heat by Annabeth Albert
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- Fangs by Sarah Andersen
- Stranger Planet by Nathan W. Pyle
- Subzero by Junepurrr
- Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe
- The Woman Who Would Be King: Hatshepsut’s Rise to Power in Ancient Egypt by Kara Cooney
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- How to Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Stamped from the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi
- Dark Archives: A Librarian’s Investigation Into the Science and History of Books Bound in Human Skin by Megan Rosenbloom
- The Five: The Lives of Jack the Ripper’s Women by Hallie Rubenhold