This week’s topic is: Books I Read Because Someone Recommended Them to Me
So this list is going to be a mix of books people told me personally to read and some books that fellow book bloggers have recommended if you like x, y, z.
- Monstress by Marjorie M. Liu I picked this one up because @HEABookNerd talked about this on Goodreads and mentioned how beautiful the art was. I read volume 1 and found out my library didn’t have the rest of the series. I have since bought a physical copy of the collection so I can finish it.
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. This was recommended by my bestie in high school. It is my favorite series.
- The Theory and Craft of Digital Preservation by Trever Owens. This was recommended by my boss for work but it counts.
- Managing Congressional Collections by Cynthia Pease Miller. Another work recommendation by my boss. I work on congressional collections so that is why.
- Fractured Honor by Kaylea Cross. I read this book because @HEABookNerd constantly raved about Cross’s books. She posted this was free one day and I loved it. I read the whole series after that.
- A Notorious Vow by Joanna Shupe. I don’t remember who recommended this one on Instagram but they said it was a great historical romance with a hero who is deaf. I loved it and want to read more Shupe books.
- Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon. I read this book because Suzanne at Reading in Pajamas talked about it a lot (and still does).
- Touch the Dark by Karen Chance. Another recommendation by my bestie in high school. I need to catch up on this series.
- Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy. Another recommendation from the same bestie in high school. We constantly were passing books back and forth.
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews. I am pretty sure my bestie recommended this book either the last year of HS or the first year of college (we were roommates). It got me hooked on Ilona Andrew’s books and I read everything she writes.