Title: Heart of Obsidian
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changeling #12
Date Read: 2018, July 26, 2020
Kaleb Krychek has finally found the person he has spent years searching for. Her mind may be broken but he will do everything in his power to heal and protect her, even kill for her. Sahara’s silence may have been broken long ago but she won’t give up.
This book was such an improvement to the previous book, Tangle of Need, which I was really disappointed with. Kaleb has spent years searching for Sahara and now that he has found he he doesn’t want to let her go. While he has that need to keep her sequestered he doesn’t, he lets her be free. I really loved Kaleb. He has been broken by his past but Sahara is determined to show him that he is still a good person. I really loved these two.
“You’re mine….I will fight for you, today, tomorrow, and all the tomorrows to come.”
Not only do we have a great couple, but we also see some a lot of development in the overall story. We finally see the start of the fall of Silence. I am really interested in seeing how the fall of silence will play out and what will happen next in the PsyNet.
- Reference to abuse and captivity
Previous books in the series:
- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
- Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
- Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
- Stroke of Enticement (Psy-Changeling #3.5)
- Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
- Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling #5)
- Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling #6)
- Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
- Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling #8)
- Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
- Declaration of Courtship (Psy-Changeling #9.5)
- Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10)
- Wild Invitation (Psy-Changeling #0.5, 3.5, 9.5, 10.5)
- Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling #11)