Title: Branded by Fire
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Psy-Changeling #6
Date Read: 2014, July 5, 2020
DarkRiver sentinel Mercy has been fighting the urge to mate for months. The problem is her leopard only seems to be interested in Riley Kincaid, a lieutenant from the SnowDancer pack. He is a wolf, she is a cat, and he pushes every single one of her buttons.
Mercy and Riley have been butting heads since they were introduced. They constantly bicker but you can feel the attraction between them. Mercy is a dominant, smart, and beautiful sentinel who fears she will never have a mate or family. Being a dominant female makes it very hard to find a mate that her leopard will tolerate. I liked Mercy but she did annoy me a few times. Riley is Brenna’s older brother and has dedicated his life to protecting his packs and his family. Riley was a great hero and I loved seeing him loosen up a bit.
These books just get more and more interesting with each one. The alliances between groups are growing and new enemies are identified. The world just keeps growing and becoming more complex. I am loving it. We also get a wide variety of other characters in this book as usual, including some new shifters and a surprise.
I cannot get enough of this series! I highly recommend this series if you love paranormal romance featuring shifters and psychic abilities.
Previous books in the series:
- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
- The Cannibal Princes (Psy-Changeling #1.5)
- Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
- Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
- Stroke of Enticement (Psy-Changeling #3.5)
- Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
- A Conversation (Psy-Changeling #4.1)
- Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling #5)
- A Gift for Kit (Psy-Changeling #5.6)
- Movie Night (Psy-Changeling #5.7)