If you have seen my 2020 reading goals you know I want to get my e-TBR (to-be-read) pile down this year. I initially was only going to use Romanceopoly to push me to read my backlog but when I saw this challenge, hosted by KimberlyFaye Reads, I knew it would push me to read even more of my backlog. So between the two I hope I can really make a dent in it.
Here are some of the basic details:
- The goal is to read at least ONE book from your TBR every month. It can be an ARC, ebook, audiobook or print – your choice.
- If one TBR book a month isn’t enough, set your goal higher! Do you think you can read five a month? Ten? Go big or go home! There are some goal levels below if that’s your thing.
- Use #TackleMyTBR2020 on social media.
- Visit KimberlyFaye Reads posts about this challenge for more information http://bit.ly/tacklemytbr2020
- Safety: read 12 TBR books
- Blitz: read 13-24 TBR books
- First Down: read 25-36 TBR books
- Field Goal: read 37-48 TBR books
- Hail Mary: read 49-60 TBR books
- Touchdown: read 61+ TBR books
After going through my backlog of kindle TBR I ended up 45 books in on my Goodreads shelf. I have a lot more unread on my kindle but this is a good start. My hope is to actually hit the Touchdown level and read at least 61 from my backlog because that would be really great! I am a mood reader though so this might end up being impossible, we will see.
There is also a bonus monthly theme that I am going to try as well.
- January: Published in 2019
- February: diverse read
- March: favorite genre
- April: new-to-me author
- May: movie/tv adaptation
- June: LGBTQIA read
- July: Summer read
- August: back to school
- September: on your TBR the longest
- October: spooky/ suspenseful read
- November: unfinished series
- December: holiday read
As you can see this year I am pushing myself to really read what I already have. I really hope I can stick to this because my TBR has gotten a little out of control, which is easy to do with a kindle because I can’t physically see the growing pile. I am also a mood reader, as I said earlier, which causes problems sometimes for challenges like this. I just hope I can at least get 25-35 (First Down) done. I want to see at least some progress by the end of the year.
Too see the progress I am making on my backlog visit my Goodreads 2020 tackle my TBR shelf.